…like a fish needs a fucking bicycle.
Lemme know “when” they fix their transmisogynist, ableist, cissexist, white supremacist, psychobigoted, allistic privileged, class privileged, sizeist, monosexist, prescriptive, life decision policing, Islamobigoted, sex worker hating, BDSM hating, self obsessed bullshit.
Just want to say that walking away from something that’s broken isn’t going to get it fixed BUT I also want to point out that it isn’t the job of the people who are being excluded from feminism to fix it either and that while those people have every right to throw their hands up at feminism and it’s bullshit…
You. Yes, you. The cis, white, allistic, able-bodied, straight, neurotypical, vanilla, dyadic, middle-upper class, monogamous, thin, etc feminists out there.
You do not get to walk away. You sit down and fix this shit.
myasphyxiatedmind knocks it out of the park^^^^
Question: has anyone ever met a woman who is “cis, white, allistic, able-bodied, straight, neurotypical, vanilla, dyadic, middle-upper class, monogamous, thin” aaaaand “etc”? Because I haven’t, so I wonder who will fix feminism if we all have an excuse to run away?
I actually know a bunch of girls like that. And for the most part lesbians find a pretty cushy spot in feminism. Most of feminism’s sexuality policing and bigotry is directed towards, queer, bisexual and polysexual people, not lesbians and straight girls. The obvious exception being appropriative political lesbianism with radshits (radical feminists who suck at life) but I don’t equate radscummery with feminism itself. Y’all may let those husks run free and they really are kind of your mess (since they are still a variant of feminism), but they’re a nasty little offshoot more than anything. Artifacts of a worse time.
BDSM and thinness are also continuums. There are people who aren’t the skinniest you can get (chubby) who are still anti fat in spades and feminism doesn’t bother them one bit. In fact they’re a major part of the fat erasure that fat people who aren’t just simply chubby face in feminism if I remember what Sugaredvenom has said in the past. Similarly, people who aren’t completely vanilla but aren’t into the heavier forms of BDSM (especially the dom/sub stuff) really don’t get smacked by feminism’s prescriptivism as much.
Disability and neurodiversity are also on scales (although ones that function differently because those two umbrellas have shit tons of different things in them and in fact normally ND is a part of disability as an umbrella). So someone with very weak mental illness or one of the folks with high functioning Aspergers who use their diagnosis as a way to shit on AS people with less functionality and elevate themselves, or something with a mild physical disability won’t necessarily be sliced up by feminism as much. Or feel the burn of feminism’s ableism either.
Class is also on a scale but you get the idea.
Even moreso, this whole walk away thing is an option not a rule. A lot of people who have just one of those oppressions (white, neurotypical, able-bodied, middle class monogamous trans person or a neurotypical, cis, able-bodied, middle class east asian woman or a white neurotypical, able-bodied, middle class fat woman, etc etc) do choose to stick with feminism cuz it doesn’t hurt as much as people with multiple of those targeted oppressions.
I’m mentally ill, physically disabled (with chronic pain too), poor (and homeless), a trans woman, polyamorous, queer, BDSMing and white, dyadic (I’m assuming that means binary and I mostly am a binary woman) and thin. I got three areas where feminism is okay with me (one’s iffy as I analyze my own gender identity). The rest I’m fucked. Expecting me to stick around with all of that? Or anyone else with all of that or more or even slightly less than just one?
It’s ridiculous. Self care comes first.
Edit: Dyadic is not the opposite of nonbinary, it’s the privileged group over Intersex people. So I am dyadic (as I’m not intersex to my knowledge) and I’m (mostly) binary (the group privileged over nonbinary trans folk)
Quick note to female-trouble:
if that “woman who is “cis, white, allistic, able-bodied, straight, neurotypical, vanilla, dyadic, middle-upper class, monogamous, thin” aaaaand “etc”?” doesn’t actually exist, then why is F*eminism designed to uphold this imaginary specimen as what a woman is?
If you’re bowing before an archetype that doesn’t actually exist, don’t you imagine that feminism has a bit of a reality problem?
And if you’re willing to concede that feminism has a bit of a reality problem, why volunteer *your* back to hold this bullshit up? I mean you can if you want, but I am not about that life. if you want to be a caryatid column in a temple to an imaginary being, go ahead.
It’s all yours.
- treefatherbirch likes this
- pavlovscatt reblogged this from gendermagick
- legion-of-i-n-f-i-n-i-t-e-freaks likes this
- tssk-tsk-tsk reblogged this from gendermagick and added:
- goodmorningmaster reblogged this from gendermagick
- esentiallism likes this
- nacirema7 reblogged this from plaidypuss
- nacirema7 likes this
- musicalandacademicblunderings likes this
- plaidypuss reblogged this from azraea
- azraea reblogged this from gendermagick
- azraea likes this
- fenixed likes this
- qirsi likes this
- fenixed reblogged this from genderbitch
- unofficialjusticeleaguemember reblogged this from gendermagick
- unofficialjusticeleaguemember likes this
- smokedsalmonette likes this
- whatsagentlebutch likes this
- kawaii-spooky-stupid likes this
- pastanomicon reblogged this from genderbitch
- sadomillerchism likes this
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- oohhcomely likes this
- weian-fu likes this
- trollny-stark reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- raindotsoncarwindows reblogged this from maxmaxmaaaax and added:
- taxiarchos reblogged this from genderbitch
- woozyfickleness reblogged this from mermaidsj and added:
- avictoryjob likes this
- maxmaxmaaaax reblogged this from gendermagick
- trappedinrealityy reblogged this from gendermagick
- imaginaryboi reblogged this from gendermagick
- inhismind reblogged this from anyeharmnone
- santosmagicos likes this
- rroseisrroseisrrose reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- transtonality reblogged this from gendermagick
- jambos6 likes this
- thatinfinitelight reblogged this from gendermagick and added:
- blacqueerwomyn likes this
- anyeharmnone reblogged this from genderbitch and added:
- detoursforhummingbirds reblogged this from genderbitch
- detoursforhummingbirds likes this
- organizefreedom reblogged this from gendermagick
- gendermagick reblogged this from genderbitch and added:
- gendermagick likes this
- hottiesinanimalears likes this
- revolutionaryrainbows reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- needle likes this
- iconoclasticallyqueer reblogged this from rljd and added: